BIS FileExchange – Managed File Transfer
Secure File Transfer of sensitive data of any size
Gain competitive edge through the secure and traceable exchange of business-critical data
The increasing volume of data exchanged within a company and with partners, as well as ever growing data control and compliance requirements can lead to runaway costs and security issues. Whether file transfers are automated (scheduled) or ad hoc (unscheduled) file transfers, SEEBURGER’s BIS FileExchange provides security, transparency and traceability over any data transfer.
BIS FileExchange – Use Cases
The SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite for Managed File Transfer supports all manner of file transfer scenarios, and can be utilised on-premise or in the Cloud.
Ad hoc File Transfer (unscheduled)
Using ad hoc file transfer as a secure point-to-point connection instead of unsecure/personal e-mail or rogue services.
Easy to use ad hoc exchange of any data between humans – worldwide.
As simple as e-mail – but secure! BIS FileExchange integrates seamlessly into the desktop environments such as Outlook and Windows File Explorer. Users can also initiate and manage file transfers on the go via the mobile app (iOS and Android) or web portal.
- Retail: Transfer of high resolution product images, large PDF catalogues etc. with partners for online business
- CPG: Cooperation with external advertising/marketing agencies, e.g. Photoshop/Illustrator ad designs, YouTube promotional videos etc.
- Engineering: Exchange of engineering designs and data between external offices.
Parties have controlled access to virtual data rooms where documents / files of any size can be shared either with a controlled lifespan or indefinitely.
Secure and efficient teamwork via:
- Protected virtual data rooms for file sharing of sensitive information
- Share/Subscribe to entire folders. E-mail notifications notify when updates are made
- No technical file size restrictions
- Synchronization of folders
- Data room for cooperation and file sharing in project teams, e.g. RFP responses, collateral preparation
- Secure depository (eSafe) for management and supervisory board information
- HR: Sensitive data containment, e.g. personnel information, CV’s etc.
Automated File Transfer (scheduled)
A permanent communication channel for recurring file transfers of any data between systems and humans.
Setup of file transfer scenarios between systems and humans:
- Automated file transfer of reports to distribution circles, e.g. price list updates, sales figures, etc.
- Engineering: Automated distribution of software updates
- High-tech: PC manufacturers distribute new system hard-disk images to all sub-contracted manufacturers
- Retail: Automated file transfer of price lists, sales figures etc. to all outlets
Integrated File Transfer
Case 1: Systems with data and communication interfaces
File and services based integration of ‘intelligent’ systems using standard communication protocols (HTTPS, AS2, FTP, SFTP …).
- Automotive: Automated master data transfer between plants and headquarters
- Manufacturing Industry: Industry 4.0 – transfer production data from CNC machines or production groups in real time to the ERP/SCM systems in aggregated form
- Engineering: CAx data transfer with connection to a PDM/PLM system
- Retail: Exchange of sales figures and price lists between headquarters and branch offices
Integrated File Transfer
Case 2: Systems with data – but without a communication interface
For integration with remote systems that have no secure communication capability, SEEBURGER’s small footprint BIS Link module can be deployed. Optional remote configuration and control via the central BIS system means the remote systems will stay current and productive.
- Retail: Connection of PoS systems
- Any industry: Document scanning stations without ‘built-in’ communication have to send OCR data
- Automotive/Engineering: Software update distribution to machines or engines
BIS FileExchange – Function Descriptions
SEEBURGER BIS FileExchange supports all managed file transfer scenarios with the following features:
Secure and governed data exchange with any business partners, systems applications and humans, with complete file transfer management using well-known transfer protocols (FTP, SFTP ...)
Secure transfer of any file of any size
Easy to use
Users can easily send and receive data from their standard desktop environment via MS Outlook integration, web portal for secure project work among internal and external persons, mobile apps for Secure Data Room management and Windows Explorer integration for drag-and-drop functionality
Visibility and control over all file transfer activities (who, when, to whom) ensures full transparency over who’s doing what. Also, integration with DLP providers ensures compliance with corporate policies
Dependable workflow-driven file transfer scenarios for automated processing of files
Mobile apps enable secure access to shared data rooms and ad hoc file transfer services while connected via tablets and smartphones
SEEBURGER BIS centralizes and unifies B2B, MFT and EAI processes on one single platform that supports all manner of requirements ranging from simple to complex.
All solutions are available through My Cloud a la Carte – Cloud services tailored for your requirements and cost flexibility through pay-per-use. SEEBURGER’s Cloud services are ISO27001 certified and are operated in data centers in accordance with German contract law.