ATLANTA, GA – Global business integration software provider SEEBURGER today announced the availability of SEEBURGER File Exchange (SEE FX) for secure, traceable and compliant user-to-user file sharing on demand on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Small and mid-sized organizations can now utilize SEE FX for ad hoc file transfers of any size and from any source – including SAP applications running on AWS that are integrated with SEEBURGER solutions for the exchange of business data - leveraging the reliability, scalability, security and low cost advantages of the AWS cloud infrastructure platform.
SEE FX is a core component of SEEBURGER’s multiple-award-winning SEEBURGER Managed File Transfer (SEE MFT) solution and is part of the widely adopted SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS). SEE MFT enables organizations to control and monitor file transfers both inside and outside the company firewall with full compliance, audit and security coverage. All BIS components integrate seamlessly with SAP applications and processes through a long-time SAP partnership, enabling enterprises to use SEEBURGER’s business integration capabilities to enhance the value of their SAP deployments.
Key advantages of user-to-user file transfer with SEE FX include:
- Support for files of any size, overcoming the limitations of email attachments as well as other managed file transfer solutions.
- User-friendly access by Web browser or Microsoft Outlook, eliminating the need to change users’ work habits. Once integration is set up, files transmitted through Outlook are automatically routed based on size and type without any need for user intervention.
- End-to-end security including encryption, authentication, and guaranteed file delivery with the ability to restart transfers from checkpoints and automatic notification of transmission failures.
- Centralized control, including a full audit trail of all file transfer activity as well as the ability to create file permissions, notify recipients set data retention periods and the number of times a file can be downloaded, and establish other policies to thwart data leakage.
- Lower total cost of ownership, including eliminating multiple FTP servers and associated administrative overhead.
With the option to deploy SEE FX on the AWS cloud, enterprises can also choose which AWS region around the world to utilize for nearby hosting of their file sharing application; take advantage of multiple layers of operational and physical security including compliance with PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001 certification, and the publication of a Service Organization Controls 1 (SOC 1), Type 2 report ; experience pay-as-you-go pricing with no upfront capital infrastructure costs or long-term commitments; and scale up or down on demand. Users also receive the full complement of additional AWS benefits, including the ability to use the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud to provision a private, isolated section of the AWS cloud where AWS resources can be launched in a user-defined virtual network.
For SAP shops using the AWS cloud, deploying SEE FX on the same cloud platform streamlines file exchange by eliminating the need to download files from SAP’s document management, product lifecycle management, HR and/or other systems to FTP servers or other file transfer mechanisms before sharing them with colleagues, partners or customers.
SEEBURGER is a global provider of business integration and secure managed file transfer (MFT) solutions that streamline business processes, reduce operational costs, facilitate governance and compliance, and provide visibility to the farthest edges of the supply chain to maximize ERP effectiveness and drive new efficiencies. All solutions are delivered on a unified, 100% SEEBURGER-engineered platform that lowers the total cost of ownership and reduces implementation time. With more than 25 years in the industry, SEEBURGER today is ranked among the top business integration providers by industry analysts, serves thousands of customers in more than 50 countries and 15 industries, and has offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. For more information, visit www.seeburger.com.