Data Protection for Files in Transit
Sharing files amongst people and systems is essential to today’s increasingly automated business operations. But when file sharing is not included in the design, execution and monitoring of core business processes, costly vulnerabilities are inevitable.
With a secure Managed File Transfer (MFT) solution, business-critical data of a company can arrive at the right time and in the right place. Besides PII this could also be financial data, price lists, contracts, payment information, intellectual property, inventory, orders or supply chain data etc. At the same time, the sender is able to track and prove receipt.
SEEBURGER BIS MFT is a solution that provides secure and monitored end-to-end management of all file transfers.
Besides being ready for GDPR other reasons for data protection exist in many industries:
- Retail: Exchange of large product imagery with suppliers and financial details with banks
- Consumer Goods: Brand teams collaborating with external parties on marketing material
- Media: Transfer of digital video files and creative assets
- Manufacturing: Distributing marketing content to regionally located centers
- Engineering: Multi-party exchange of CAD files for virtual teams
- Financial Services: Payment processing and the exchange of payments for services and goods
SEEBURGER BIS MFT is a solution that can help businesses become GDPR ready. With an MFT solution in place, every file is governed by policies and it will help validate, check and securely move data of any size between internal applications, companies, partners, customers and employees. This also avoids hidden costs of ‘free’ file sharing by way of the business advantages realized by including file transfer in your business process management strategy.